How to say no to a job offer
How do you say no to a job you have been offered?
Have you ever had to decline a job offer or perhaps you may have just taken the role and then kicked yourself for taking the job because you did not know how to say no?
Below are 6 tips to help you say thank you but no thank you:
1) Let them know asap of your decision
2) Show appreciation for being picked
3) Get on the phone instead of email
4) Be positive about the role and what you liked and let them know they did not waste their time interviewing you
5) Be honest, tell them why you came to your conclusion. Don’t be negative about the company or interview process
6) Remain open to helping them in the near future. You never know when you will come across them.
7) Recommend someone else for the role
Need help to find the right role? Submit your details below and start to be notified of suitable roles.