Are you impacted by the new wage decreases?
I am sure you have heard about the new Fairwork Commission wage decreases for retail and hospitality workers on Friday. Public holiday rates will take effect on the 1st July, whilst the Sunday rates are yet to be determined.
If you work in for example a cafe or a health food retail store on Sunday’s and public holidays, this could have implications on your weekly earning wage.
Below are the facts:
- Retail Full time and Part time employees will not be paid double time, they will be paid at 150%
- Retail Casual employees will not be paid double time, they will be paid at 175%
- Hospitality Full time and Part time employees will decrease from getting paid 175% to decrease to 150%
- Hospitality Casual employees will have no change to Sunday and public holidays
- Fast-Food Full time and Part time employees was 150% pay rate down to 125%
- Fast- Food Casual employees currently paid 175% decrease to 150%
- Pharmacy Full time and part time employees currently paid 200% or double time down to 150%
- Pharmacy Casual employees currently paid 200% or double time down to 175%
Have you been impacted from these changes? Or has your employer decided to not decrease pay rates like the brand Lush? Lush management sent a letter to all staff letting them know that they will not decrease the pay rates of any employees moving forward, how awesome is that!